Your New Fave Gluten-Free Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe – Blogilates
Have you ever made a mug cake?! It’s the perfect thing to make when you have a craving, but don’t really want an entire cake sitting around. And when a craving for cake strikes, there’s no time to make a complicated recipe, right?! If you’ve never made one, you have to try this recipe!
First, I have a little confession to make: chocolate cake is NOT my jam. Actually, I don’t really eat chocolate at all. The taste is just way too intense for me (I’m a supertaster – it’s really a thing!). But I know that chocolate cake IS most people’s jam, so I still wanted to take a stab at a recipe for a healthy but decadent chocolate mug cake.
This one is dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and added sugar-free.
And you guys. I had my family try this one and they said it is GOOD. They’re brutally honest about what I cook so you can trust them! But obviously, I need your opinion too. So when you try this chocolate mug cake recipe, make sure to tell me what you think!
Okay… mug cake time!
MUG CAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1 Small Extra Ripe Banana
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1-2 Tbsp Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
TOPPING: 1/2 cup raspberries
- Combine all mug cake ingredients in a blender and mix until a batter forms. Pour into a greased mug or small bowl.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
- Top with berries!
- Your cook time could vary, depending on microwave strength.
- If you prefer to use an oven, bake your mug cake in an oven-safe dish at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
Dessert in one minute?! YESSSSS.
When you make this, tag me on Instagram or let me know in the comments so I can see your chocolate mug cake! YAY! If you want more recipes like this, try my 90 Day Journey Meal Plans!