Orange-Ade: Immune Booster Drink – Cookin’ with Mima
Looking to give your immune system a little bit of an extra boost? Made with Florida’s Natural orange juice, this Orange-Ade Immune Booster Drink is jam packed with immune boosting ingredients!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Florida’s Natural Orange Juice. All opinions are 100% my own.
Whenever winter rolls around, I’m always looking for ways to boost my and my family’s immune system. With kids around, it’s easy for a cold to spread to one another so we always try to find ways to increase our Vitamin C intake to stay healthy.
To do so, we pretty much up our intake of orange juice. Did you know that one 8-ounce glass of Florida’s Natural orange juice provides nearly two servings of whole fruit and your daily recommended dose of vitamin C? Yup! Florida’s Natural orange juice is also made from just one simple ingredient — Florida oranges! There are no artificial flavors or ingredients, and no water, sugar or preservatives are added to the juice.
Why You’ll Love this Drink
- It’s easy! It only takes a few minutes to put together, even your kids can make it!
- It’s super tasty. This orange juice immune booster is one of my family’s go-to drinks to enjoy over the winter season. The orange juice is made from seven different varieties of Florida oranges, giving you the tastiest fresh-tasting orange juice year-round.
- Made from simple ingredients! You probably already have all the ingredients in your kitchen.
What You’ll Need to Make this Immune Booster Drink
- Florida’s Natural Orange Juice — packed with Vitamin C, folic acid, potassium, and more.
- Ginger — traditionally used in alternative medicine for its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Fresh turmeric — just like ginger, fresh turmeric has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. I also added some powdered turmeric to boost the flavor and color.
- Honey — often used to soothe sore throats so it’s a great addition to the drink.
- Lemon Juice — This is completely optional but lemon juice is great for the immune system and adds a delicious flavor to the booster drink.
How to Make This Delicious Drink
- Blend together the ginger, fresh turmeric, powdered turmeric, lemon juice and honey.
- Combine the mixture with Florida’s Natural orange juice and stir until combined.
Tips and Notes
- If you are making this for younger kids who may be a bit picky, or you don’t like too much ginger, then decrease the amount of ginger in this orange juice immune booster recipe.
- Use fresh ingredients such as Florida’s Natural orange juice and fresh turmeric when making this drink.
- This is definitely better than store-bought since you can use the best fresh ingredients, making sure its potency is at its maximum potential.
- If you don’t want to whisk everything, feel free to just add it all to a blender to blend it together.
You can make this drink ahead of time! What I like to do is to make a large jug of this and leave it in the fridge. This way my kids can pour some out whenever they’re craving it.
I would suggest you make this 2-3 days ahead of time. Just be sure to keep it in the fridge.
I recommend using a spoon to peel your ginger! Scrape the edge of the spoon against the ginger to peel off the skin. Once the skin is removed, you can use a microplane to grate the ginger.
If you don’t have any fresh ginger on hand, you can substitute ground ginger in a pinch. You can use ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger for every 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger.
More Drinks You’ll Love
I hope you enjoy all the recipes I share with you, including this delicious Orange-Ade Immune Booster Drink recipe. I hope you try it, enjoy it, rate it and share it with your friends and family!
If you try this recipe and like it, please use my hashtag to share it with me on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured in my story! Also, follow me at Cookin’ With Mima on FACEBOOK |INSTAGRAM |PINTEREST for all of my latest social posts and recipes.
Orange-Ade: Immune Booster Drink
Orange-Ade Immune Booster Drink is jam packed drink with immune boosting ingredients like Ginger, Turmeric, Honey, Lemon and Orange Juice.
Servings: 7 servings
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 1-2 minutes. If your blender is small, you can blend in two batches.
Pour the drink into a pitcher using a fine sieve to filter out all small unblended ginger and turmeric. This will give you a nice smooth drink. You can leave them in if it doesn’t bother you.
Adjust honey as needed based on your preference.
Do no substitute honey with sugar. Sugar is not great for the immune system.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 4mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 51g | Vitamin A: 496IU | Vitamin C: 124mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg