How To Convert HEIC To JPG Or PNG On Mac
HEIC files have been introduced by Apple with iOS 11. If you own an iPhone then you noticed by now that many of the images on your phone are stored in this format. When compared to JPG or and PNG files HEIC (high-efficiency image containers) are smaller. If you are wondering how to convert HEIC to JPG on Mac, keep reading, the steps are listed below.
See also: Mac Camera Not Working – How To Fix It
Why would you convert HEIC to JPG or PNG?
The main reason why people want to convert HEIC to JPG files is that many websites do not support this type of file. In other words, if you want to upload an image that is saved as a HEIC file on a certain website, it won’t be possible. So, you will have to convert it to JPG first.
How to convert HEIC to JPG or PNG on Mac
You don’t need some new software in order to convert the files. All you need is already on your Mac. Here is what you need to do:
- Launch Preview
- Find the HEIC file you want to convert to JPG and click Open
- When the file opens, click File at the top bar
- Click Export at the bottom of a drop-down menu
- A pop-up window will show up
- Click Format and then select the one you want, JPEG or PNG
- You can change the file name and choose the location to save the file
- When done, click Save.
That’s it! You have converted a HEIC file to JPG or PNG using Preview.