- OnePlus has announced a virtual OnePlus 8T pop-up event for OnePlus World users.
- The pop-up event will take place after the OnePlus 8T’s official launch.
- It’ll allow fans to virtually unbox the device in AR and purchase it.
The OnePlus 8T launch is drawing ever nearer. While many are likely just waiting for specs, availability, and price confirmation, OnePlus is also offering a little extra.
OnePlus World is hosting a community pop-up event that’ll kick off just after the flagship’s launch on October 14 at 8:20 PM IST (10:50 AM ET). It’s set to include “a virtual unboxing of the pop-up bundle, a virtual experience of the device in AR and purchase,” says OnePlus.
Here’s how to buy your OnePlus 8T pop-up box
- You’ll have to virtually unbox the OnePlus 8T in the Ultra Store
- Once completed, click on the “Get OnePlus Pop-Up Box” option
- Be sure to glean over the requirements and contents of the box
- Hit “Buy Now” if you’re happy with the box
- Complete the purchase on OnePlus’ site
OnePlus World’s pop-up seemingly takes the place of physical pop-ups the company hosted prior to the pandemic. More recently, the firm’s pop-up packages have also included limited swag or codes for limited edition devices.
The OnePlus 8T is expected to pack a 120Hz variable refresh rate display, 65W Warp Charge technology, and 5G connectivity. If you’re not shopping for a flagship, the company has also teased the debut of a limited edition sandstone OnePlus Nord, too.
Looking to save on some of the best smartphones, audio products, wearables, and more? Amazon Prime Day takes place Tuesday, October 13 and Wednesday, October 14. Head here to see all the best deals!