The Helix Midnight Luxe is one of the best and most cost-effective hybrid mattresses on the market right now. CNN rated it as the “best mattress of 2019” and Business Insider reported in their review that “I feel more supported at night…and have noticed decreased neck, shoulder, and back pain.”
The mattress boasts a blend of features, such as zoned lumbar support and Tencel Temperature Regulation, that enhance your hours of restful sleep each night, so that you wake up feeling rejuvenated.
The ReadWrite team got a chance to sample the Helix Midnight Luxe and we loved it. Check out our full feature on this awesome mattress:
Studies show that the average American sleeps for about a third of their lives. It can pay dividends to do the research and make sure that you get the right mattresses for your family.
Here are some of the features that make the Helix Midnight LUXE an exceptional option:
- Luxe Upgrade Features: Zoned lumbar support technology provides a cradle for your body by creating a softer zone under your shoulders and more rigidity under your hips. A premium quilted pillow top designed using the Ultra Breathable Tencel technology increases airflow to keep you cool at night.
- Medium Feel: The best of both worlds – not too firm, not too soft. The most popular feel preference for the majority of sleepers.
- Side Sleeper Relief: One of the best mattresses for side sleepers. Memory Foam provides relief from pressure on your body’s high impact areas such as shoulders and hips. The multi-layered design is optimized to give you the right support for your body type without being too soft.
- Tencel Temperature Regulation: No more nights of waking up in a cold sweat thanks to the ultra-breathable cover that keeps the mattress cool to the touch.
Mattresses are a constant in our lives; you can travel far and wide, but at some point you’re going to return and curl up in your bed and expect a great night of sleep, and it matters what material the bed is made out of.
Here is a breakdown of the 6 internal layers wrapped in a cooling cover:
- Ultra Breathable Cover & Pillow Top: This Tencel cover enhances breathability and moisture-wicking, while the premium pillow top adds an extra layer of luxurious comfort.
- Gel Visco Support Layer: High-density gel is infused into the memory foam layer of the mattress to perfectly cup your body. It is rated at a medium-firm foam density ratio.
- Memory Plus Foam Support Layer: Industry-leading pressure relief from high-density foam, that gives a premium feel.
- High-grade Polyfoam Transition Layer: Great contour support layer that spreads out the pressure of your body onto the foam support coils.
- Pocket Coil Mattress Core: The core of this mattress is comprised of 1,000 individually-wrapped pocket coils that provide for the zoned support. This maintains spine alignment by being soft at the head of the mattress and more rigid below.
- Base Layer of DuraDense Foam: This layer lends support to the mattress to help ensure that it stays in good condition for its lifetime.
This mattress is produced using materials that are 100% made in the USA and hand-assembled in HELIX’s domestic facility. All materials are OEKO-TEX Standard 100 certified free from chemicals that have proven harmful to human health.
Some pro tips: All mattresses require a break-in period – which for the Helix Midnight Luxe the optimal time before peak comfort is about 45 nights. Because the mattress is made from premium materials you do not ever need to flip over or rotate the mattress.
The Helix Midnight Luxe is one of those rare combinations of top of the line quality combined with affordability. Helix offers a 100-night sleep trial as a guarantee that you will love your mattress, as well as a 15-year limited warranty. So there’s little to no risk in giving this mattress a shot.
Helix’s product suite doesn’t stop at mattresses. They also produce their own pillows, bases, foundations, and bedding. In addition to the Helix Midnight Luxe, the ReadWrite team sampled the Helix Adjustable Base to experience the full Helix sleep package.
The Helix Adjustable base has three main functions:
- Zero Gravity and Memory Settings: You can simulate “weightlessness” by adjusting the head and foot positions, reducing stress on your back and spine. The memory setting allows you to save specific positions.
- Head-Up & Foot Adjustability: The entire frame is adjustable so you can adjust both head and foot positions. These settings can provide optimal reading, watching, and “anti-snoring” positions.
- 3D Wave Massage Technology: This setting provides a light vibration on the head and feet positions. This should not be mistaken with a massage similar to what you’d receive in a massage chair as the mattress sits in between the motor and your body.
The assembly of the Helix Adjustable Base is a breeze and it provides a completely customized sleep experience. The position and memory settings are great however we thought the 3D Wave technology wasn’t entirely necessary. It takes nothing away from the experience but doesn’t add a ton as far as comfort.
Overall the team was pleased with the Helix Sleep package. Their products are priced fairly for the quality and comfort. We can’t wait to see what they have in store for us next!
_ _ _
This article was written in partnership with Helix Sleep. Readwrite does not receive any monetary compensation or affiliate revenue from any purchases. We receive sample products from our partner companies in exchange for a review.